Sally Field is going in for a gob lob, and why is that woman wearing cat ears. See her? (John Shearer/AP/Press Association Images)
#THANK HEAVENS FOR LITTLE GIRLS It wasn’t Anne Hathaway‘s cryface or Bradley Cooper‘s stubble or Jennifer Lawrence‘s luminosity that ruled the roost at the annual Oscars luncheon yesterday, it was nine-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis.
The youngest person ever to be nominated for the best actress Oscar, she larked around and was the centre of attention at the event in the Beverly Hilton Hotel. (Daily Mail)
We have some questions about the group picture though. Why is Jennifer Lawrence standing in the back? Is Robert De Niro crying? And can you spot the lady in the cat ears?
All of the nominees had great craic by all accounts, and movie mogul Harvey Weinstein said it’s his favourite event of the year. (LA Times)
That was until Quvenzhané Wallis stamped on his foot and stole his desert. Probably.
Oscar nominees Benh Zeitlin and Quvenzhane Wallis. I think we all know who’s in charge here (Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)
#JOHN CRUISE John Travolta‘s alleged cruise ship carry on will be played out in court after a judge ruled that there will be no arbitration in the case. (TMZ)
An employee of the ship alleges that the actor exposed himself and forcibly embraced him in 2009.
That means that unless a settlement is reached, there will be a trial.
Travolta had argued that the fine print on his ticket meant that the dispute should be settled between the passenger and the company. The judge said ‘no way’. (The Hollywood Reporter)
The hair John. Seriously? (Richard Shotwell/AP/Press Association Images)
#LOVE/LOVE Fran from Love/Hate is doing well for himself.
According to the Irish Daily Star he’s all set to start filming a new movie when the next series wraps (if Nidge lets him).
The film offers have been flooding in and Peter Coonan, who plays Fran is up for an IFTA on Saturday.
We really hope Brenda Fricker shows up and gives out again. Gold.
Fran. Good with a digger. (RTÉ)
And the rest of the day’s celebrity dirt…
- Robbie Keane has ruled out becoming the new David Beckham because of his Irish skin. HEY! (Irish Sun)
- Donald Trump has proved he’s not part orangutan. No, really (TMZ)
- Ronan Keating isn’t well, the poor lamb. He’s been tweeting pics of his various man flu medications, presented to him by girlfriend Storm (Irish Daily Star)
- Zayn Malik from One Direction has publicly proclaimed his love for Perrie from Little Mix. We can’t keep up (Mirror)
- Shakira has posted a picture of her new baby Milan with her baby daddy Gerard Piqué on her website. It’s fairly feckin’ cute (Shakira Shakira)